Tuesday, May 8, 2012

A Table

 
Psalms 23:5
Thou preparest a table before me in the presence of mine enemies: thou anointest my head with oil; my cup runneth over.

My friend I have taken the liberty to underline some words and bold them out for you to take special notice to....

Let's take a look if you will.first of all look at the first phrase Thou preparest a table before me, This is the writer David the apple of Gods eye.....notice not behind or to the side of you but before you, this is indicating as the writer Paul stated in the NT in Philippians 3:14...I press toward the mark for the prize  of the high calling of God in Christ Jesus . why do we as a body focus and identify the enemy and the forces of darkness faster than we identify the table and the blessings of God? Do we not realize that when you identify and recognize a bully you empower him, Remember the writer Job said: For the thing which I greatly feared is come upon me, and that which I was afraid of is come unto me. Job 3:25
Now Lets take a look at the story of David and Goliath in I Samuel 17, look at verse 11...
When Saul and all Israel heard those words of the Philistine, they were dismayed, and greatly afraid.
now look at verse 16
I Samuel 17: 16
And the Philistine drew near morning and evening, and presented himself forty days
see when you show fear to the enemy he will continue to present himself as a bully to you. The only person in this story that was not afraid of Goliath was David.....Let's take a closer look at this story and  let me point some things out to you please....Look at verse 9 with me....I Samuel 17:9 If he be able to fight with  me, and to kill me, then will we be your servants: but if I prevail against him, and kill him, then shall ye be our servants, and serve us.
This is Goliath speaking to the armies of Israel and Saul after telling them to choose a man....Now if you will look at verse 19  I Samuel 17:19 Now Saul, and they,  and all  the men of Israel, were in the valley of Elah, fighting with the Philistines......
I'm sorry my friend I find this so perfect in describing the church of today, The giant just told them  in verse 9 what would happen if they would choose a man and he was able to kill the giant...that the Philistines would be their servants and serve them, and now they find themselves in the valley of Elah fighting against the very people that would serve them.
Now let's look even deeper into this story in I Samuel 17:24 And all the men of Israel, when they saw the man, ( notice single form) fled from him, and were sore afraid. 
Now starting in verse 32 David begin to speak out to Saul,  yet Saul at this point refuses to allow david  to go in and fight against the Philistine I want you to look and pay very close attention to the word FIGHT....as in the Heb this word describes the action of consuming something not the combat form. David begins to tell Saul of his accomplishments in verse 34-37 and this is really unique in itself as the really grab the meaning of this you need to look into Revelation the 13th chapter. But let's  look at verse 38 as now Saul and all the armies of Israel are going to step back and allow a boy to go do there battle.  In I Samuel 17:38-39 And Saul armed David with his armor,  and he put a helmet of brass upon his head; also he armed him with a coat of mail. And David girded his sword upon his armor, and he assayed to go; for he had not proved it. 
(II Timothy 2:15)  And David said  unto Saul, I cannot go with these; for I have not proved them. And David put them off him.
II Timothy 3:5 Having a form of godliness, but denying the power thereof: from such turn away.
that is what Sauls armor was a symbol of as in the church today a form of godliness...
We need to  to take off the form that has been placed upon us and understand Ephesians 6: 10-11 Finally, my  brethren, be (EXIST OR MARRY) strong (ABLE TO THINK CLEARLY , FIRM, AND DURABLE) in (ENCLOSED OR WRAPPED IN) the Lord, and in the power (ABILITY TO CONTROL OTHERS WITH GREAT INFLUENCE) of his might (FORCE).  Put on the whole (COMPLETE UNADULTERATED) armor of God, that ye may be able (SUFFICIENTLY EQUIPPED) to stand (REMAIN UNINJURED AND UNAFFECTED). (NOT FIGHT, NOT BATTLE, NOT WAR) against the wiles (deceptive works of trickery) of the devil.
Now as we contiune to look at the story of David and Goliath we find in I Samuel 17:40 And he took his staff in his hand, and chose him 5 smooth (not rough)stones out of the brook, and put them in a sheperd's bag (the heart of a pastor sheperd) which he had, even in a scrip; and his sling was in his hand: ( A SYMBOL OF POWER)  and he drew  near to the Philistine.
Now as you look at this it's funny that the giant mocks him and laughs at him....But wow in I Samuel 17:45 David's response comes with power....Then said David to the Philistin, Thou comest to me with a sword, and with a spear, and with a shield: but I come to thee in (enclosed or wrapped up  the name of the Lord of hosts, the God of the armies of Israel, whom thou hast defied.
Now as we look we find out that the boy David is telling the giant what God is going to do this day..( IN THIS SEASON).

 Thou preparest a table before me in the presence of mine enemies:
Please visit us at:
www.libertyministrybuildingwarriors.com

No comments:

Post a Comment