Tuesday, February 12, 2013

"Worrier or Warrior"



John 14:1-3
1 Let not your heart be troubled: ye believe in God, believe also in me.
2 In my Father's house are many mansions: if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you.
3 And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again, and receive you unto myself; that where I am, there ye may be also.

Psalms 68:1-3
1 Let God arise, let his enemies be scattered: let them also that hate him flee before him.
2 As smoke is driven away, so drive them away: as wax melteth before the fire, so let the wicked perish at the presence of God.
3 But let the righteous be glad; let them rejoice before God: yea, let them exceedingly rejoice. 

Just take some time and look closely at the word "LET" it really stands out! It's a word of empowerment, strength and stamina. Now ask yourself what does that word mean?  It's such a small word that packs such a strong meaning, Let's  look at the Websters meaning,
Let: To give permission, to allow or permit
Now take a look at it understanding the word "LET" and you should realize how God above has empowered you to control your destiny in life. In St. John 14:1 the writer is simply saying don't allow your hearts to be troubled or vexed with the troubles of life. The scripture continues by saying ye believe in God, believe also in me. The word believe comes from the root to exercise  and with the colon being nothing more than a large comma telling you to pause here and take a breath the writer is saying that when you exercise  the empowerment God has placed in your life. you won't be troubled and vexed by the chaos of life.

"YOU CONTROL YOUR DESTINY"

Proverbs 18:21
21 Death and life are in the power of the tongue: and they that love it shall eat the fruit thereof. 



The heart is the seat of all spirituality in your life. it's where your 
Emotions, Passions, Desires and Appetites
Stem from. This is why the writer states in 
Colossians 3:1-3
1 If ye then be risen with Christ, seek those things which are above, where Christ sitteth on the right hand of God.
2 Set your affection on things above, not on things on the earth.
3 For ye are dead, and your life is hid with Christ in God. 

David, states in Psalms 68:1 Let (allow give permission) God arise,
let his enemies be scattered. God has taken everything from you, the only enemy  you and I have is ourself
As you look deeper to what lies ahead of us we find in 
John 12:32
32 And I, if I be lifted up from the earth, will draw all men unto me.

Now looking back at St John 14:2-3
2 In my Father's house are many mansions: if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you.
3 And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again, and receive you unto myself; that where I am, there ye may be also. 
Now looking even deeper into the scripture to find where he is and the benefit of being with him.
Ephesians 1:18-23
18 The eyes of your understanding being enlightened; that ye may know what is the hope of his calling, and what the riches of the glory of his inheritance in the saints,
19 And what is the exceeding greatness of his power to us-ward who believe, according to the working of his mighty power,
20 Which he wrought in Christ, when he raised him from the dead, and set him at his own right hand in the heavenly places,
21 Far above all principality, and power, and might, and dominion, and every name that is named, not only in this world, but also in that which is to come:
22 And hath put all things under his feet,
and gave him to be the head over all things to the church,
23 Which is his body, the fulness of him that filleth all in all. 

So friend don't allow another day of stress and chaos to rule your life.  You take charge of your life and be the Warrior God appointed you to be.


 
By: Dr. Michael N. Smith Sr.

 


 


  




   





No comments:

Post a Comment