Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Home????


What Do You Call Home?

I think it's important that we understand what is a home:

The word "home" can be used for various types of residential community institutions in which people can live, such as nursing, retirement homes for seniors, prisons for criminals, treatment facilities, foster homes, etc. A home is generally a place that is close to the heart of the owner, and can become a prized possession.

 

Since it can be said that humans are generally creatures of habit, the state of a person's home has been known to physiologically influence their behavior, emotions, and over all mental health.  The loss of a home (due to whatever reason, be it through accident or natural disaster, repossession, or in the case of children simply the decision to move on the part of the parents) can be a valid cause of relocation.
Some people may become homesick when they leave their home over an extended period of time. Sometimes homesickness can cause a person to feel actual symptoms of illness.
It has been argued that psychologically "The strongest sense of home commonly coincides geographically with a dwelling. Usually the sense of home attenuates as one moves away from that point, but it does not do so in a fixed or regular way." Furthermore, places like homes can trigger self-reflection, thoughts about who someone is or used to be or who they might become.




Is home a place, 
a person, a thing or somewhere to go? Is it material or spiritual? Or…is it all of the above? 
What is home to you? Home to me is actually going to my families house. I call that home. When people say, “where do you live?” I say, “Pueblo, Colorado, in my apartment on the North Side.” But
when they ask me “where is HOME?” I say, “Colorado” because that’s where my family lives.” I associate HOME with love, warmth and comfort. It has nothing to do with the physical house and structure. It’s all about the love and warmth I get when I’m there.
Just this past week I watched a show on one of the History channels, there were 3 different segments and  the theme of all three was “What do you call home?” All three were different, exhibiting different issues. It was a reflection of many different types of  homes, streets and places where People live in life. The movie started out by asking the question “Where do you live? What do you call home?” You could sense that  the people it was showing had no real warmth and no love. You could sense the yearning in them to find a place to call home.
As the show started , When The Rain Stops Falling, It  was a very emotional and somewhat painful drama. It portrayed  characters that were yearning to find that quest of what they call home. Each one was searching for that warm comfort and that sense of belonging. What caught me so strongly was the fact, that we may have a house and still never have a home. No sense of belonging to someone or something.

Then the segment called  speech  was about a man being homeless. It was A  personal story about how a man never had a physical home. What was so touching and heartfelt is how he found a place within his heart to call home. He went inside to find that true sense of belonging and love for oneself that most look outwardly to find.
A comment was made in the show that they can take your house, they can take your job, they can take your money, they can even take your mind, but they can never take your heart. So you have to grow up valuing your own heart and who you are!” What I love about this is how it’s all about our love inside of us. No one can take away your sense of pride and your inner sense of belonging to whom you are. NO ONE can ever take that away!



All of these events resonated within me, because in order to create a home you have to find a home within yourself first. But in order to find that place in you, you first have to prepare a place for your Lord and Savior to live. The bible says:

Psalms 22:3
But thou art holy, O thou that inhabitest the praises of Israel.
So my friend it's simple now we understand that Christ lives in the praises of his people, So when we have lost our praise, or just don't feel like praising him, wow, the scary thought  is we make him as homeless. But when he as that place, he will repay you with an empowerment that can't be beat.  The place of peace and safety and security that you are searching for. As for the Scripture says in 

St. John 14:1-3
Let not your heart be troubled: ye believe in God,  believe also in me.
In my Father's house are many mansions: if it were not so , I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you.
And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again, and receive you unto myself; that where I am , there ye may be also.
Now Let's continue to look into the scripture by looking at:
Ephesians 1:20-22
Which he wrought in Christ, when he raised him from the dead, and set hi at his own right hand in the heavenly places,
Far above all principality, and power, and might, and dominion, and every name that is named, not only in this world, but also in that which is to come:
And hath put all things under his feet,  and gave him to be the head over all things to the church.
Like the saying goes: “You can’t love someone else until you learn to love yourself.” So find your inner home and that warmth within yourself. Love from the inside out and bring it out into the world. Writing this has helped me find that love within myself to know that I am home, no matter where I am. And I"m not only home the things that use to bring me down no longer can affect me...Because I'm......
Far above all principality, and power, and might, and dominion, and every name that is named, not only in this world, but also in that which is to come:
And hath put all things under his feet,
and it even gets better than that in 
Psalms 23:5
Thou preparest a table before me in the presence of mine enemies: thou anointest my head with oil; my cup runneth over.
By: Dr. Michael N. Smith Sr.
and please visit us at 
www.libertyministrybuildingwarriors.com
and please don't forget to sign the guest book, and leave comments

No comments:

Post a Comment