Saturday, August 4, 2012

Patience is your control


Patience is a Virtue



“A man who is a master of patience is a master of everything else.”
Patience is not only a virtue but also a necessity. It is an acquired skill. It takes practice and a disciplined energy to just let go and be in the moment. Patience can make or break a day, add or subtract to a relationship, and/or truly help you to find your way.
Are you a patient person?
Patience, is  the control God gives you over your circumstances.
What I learned when I lied down in bed last night was that instead of getting aggravated with life and the events that occur in my life, I began to remember what the scripture says.
I Thessalonians 5:18
In every thing give thanks: for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus concerning you.
I let it roll off my back. It made me realize how much more of a patient person I’ve become.
A friend once told me: “You have to do it anyway, so you might as well do it relaxed.” I still have a long way to go, but  I have found that going back in my mind and thinking of scriptures, this brings a peace to me. The bible says:
Philippians 4:8
Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just,  whatsoever things are pure,  whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things.
WOW....Friend now looking at this there are 8 things for us to think on...the unique things is that 8 is the number of a new beginning...Truly some of us need that in our lives.
 listening to music, reading a book and figuring out a way to bring my thoughts back under subjection. I try to  conquer the  situations by getting through them as relaxed as possible. I can't  change the situations, so I've learned to  just accepted them and make them work for me instead of against me, and get the  most out of  them.
Psalms 23:5
Thou preparest a table before me in the presence of mine enemies: thou anointest my head with oil; my cup runneth over.
 This made me see that there is always a solution to any problem. With a little patience, you can do anything. My father has always spoken of his two keys to success:


“Patience and Perseverance.”
When I think  back to my parent’s teaching, the first thing they would tell me was “remember what I told you about patience?” This made me smile. And they were  so right. As a Pastor for 10 years I use teach my people that:
"YOUR PROBLEM IS YOUR SOLUTION, AND YOUR SOLUTION IS YOUR PROBLEM"
What I’d really love to tell you, is that sometimes life throws you some curveballs and unforeseen things happen. But if you get calm and stay in the moment, you will see that everything turns out just as it should. The solution will always present itself in a patient state. So the next time you find yourself in a traffic jam, a delayed plane or train (or any other “irritating” situation), relax and find a little patience within yourself. Patience is all about giving up control, letting go and surrendering with a calm, clear attitude. See how much better you will feel when you just live and let go.



 By: Dr. Michael N. Smith Sr
Please visit us at:
www.libertyministrybuildingwarriors.com

No comments:

Post a Comment